Saturday, October 10, 2009

Returned safely

The arrogant trawlers danced upon the delicate waves. Faceless, the sea shot glares of distress against the shoreline. Sea birds, fought against the foreign winds for direction. Entangled in limbs, I sat reading a novel of hope and romance. The sky was dense with forecasted storms, yet it was beautiful. Simple and elegant. Shades of blue and grey twirled amongst one another. The salty sea breeze cleared my mind. Liberated from every clouded thought, I caught a glimpse of the sunlight. Weak in contrast to it's surroundings, the glimmering beams somehow broke through the stormy barriers.And that was the moment. When I suddenly was able to see with a sense of clarity and direction. Able to visualise the bigger picture, I gained a sense of my true self. Secluded on a shoreline, so simple in beauty and backdrop, I found myself again.