Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cheap love


During my nightly encounters with foreigner conversation a boy asked me "Have you ever been in love?" With every question that came before it I was able to respond with a sense of confidence and self assurance in my answer, but for some reason my mind tripped over such a questioning riddle. How is someone to know if they are in love or not, considering there is no physical evidence or subliminal message given. No sign from the heavens or memo received informing them that what their feeling is in fact love. But what happens when one thinks they are in love, and is able to hand over the charming three magic words to their significant other, but once their relationship has disintergrated, their feelings follow and then are left with a completely different outlook of their former love. Or perhaps I question it all due to the fact I perhaps have never properly experienced in being in love. My Southern Californian companion never received an answer to his question, although my heart was exhausted from questioning every feeling it had once felt.

photo credit: alma gerbavec