Tuesday, September 8, 2009

No choice

It's sad that I am of the age of only sixteen, yet I am well aware of how fleeting genuine happiness is. After a discussion with a paticular lady who has a large impact in my life, I realised I am not alone in this boat. People these days seem to take advantage of the values of genuine kindness. Butterflies still flutter amongst my insides occasionally, but I have noticed their wings don't hold any inner strength. My smile still appears, but refuses to last the length the time. I'm not unaware of the fact that all good things must in fact come to an end, but why so soon. The life of an angel in my life was taken so soon, the one person I imagined loving had a change of heart, I settled into my situated lifestyle yet was uprooted and reloacted to a smaller town with a duller view. If this life is all we have got, then why must everything appreciative come to an end? Love should have no limits nor boundaries of time or space, excitement would be better if it were able to captured in a little glass bottle to admire and experience forever. I suppose these feelings are so fleeting so we are almost forced to appreciate them even more. And to those who call myself cynical, I would rather be known as the girl who was in fact in touch with reality.