Saturday, August 22, 2009

Darling

Realistically, I have never been one who desires materialistic objects, instead I would rather just admire them whilst watching Christian Lacroix or Oscar De Larenta fashion shows on my television at home. Although, there was one item that has always taken my fancy in the Myer makeup and fragrance department, and it was a little bottle labelled "Miss Dior Cherie". Of course I never purchased it considering I didnt have a couple hundred dollars to throw around. After almost a year of admiring the perfume and seeing advertisements for the fragrance, today my mother dearest informed me that she had bought some early birthday presents that she was willing to give me before my actual birthday. To my suprise, she had actually gone out and bought the perfume for me, and I must admit I have never felt such excitement over seeing a glass bottle filled with liquid since I saw my first Effen bottle of imported Vodka.. I guess the moral of my time consuming story is, that if you dream upon enough stars and make countless wishes on 11:11, your wish will come true, either that, or if you imply enough, just how much you crave something for a gift around the time of your birthday. I would much rather remain naive and hope that it was all my wishing, and mother's kindness that is to blame for my new perfume.